Infographics work visually - conveying complex information quickly, persuasively and in an engaging way. This 6 week online course will takes you through the process of designing compelling visual stories that speaks clearly to your audience. Each week you will be given a different project task to complete in your own time and then, upload the following week for constructive and personal feedback during the live session.
- History and theory behind Infographic Design
- Narrative and sequence
- Identifying intention
- Charting best practice
- Information Design and hierarchies of information
- Telling stories with data
Please note that this course does not provide instruction in using computer programs and knowledge of graphic design computer programmes is not required to complete the projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Apply Information Design theory to your designs
- Understand what makes for best practice in Infogrpahics
- Generate your ideas through professional techniques such as wire-framing
- Incorporate narratives into your Infographic designs
Who is Infographics Design (Online) for
This course beginner to intermediate level, and is ideal for anyone with information to communicate visually. This course would be of interest to designers who want to develop their knowledge and experience of infographic design. You may also work with information for policy, business, campaigns or be responsible for commissioning design work.
Please note: this course is for students aged 18 and over