How do you communicate the impact of what your organisation does in a powerful and convincing way?
You may have your evidence – your facts and figures – but how do you put it across in a way that connects with your audience? Or you may still be at the start of your research – what approach should you take to understand the impact you have made? It’s not just about facts and figures. It is both your story and the story of those with whom you work.
In this two-day training package, NEF Consulting brings together two experts, on storytelling and on data visualisation, who have both helped us in our own work. On the first day, storytelling experts, Narativ will teach you to tell the story of your impact with the numbers and evidence in a way that has real meaning for your audience. On the second day, you will learn to make the most of data sets to tell complex stories visually in presentations and reports.
By the end of the 2-day course you will be equipped with the tools, confidence and energy to communicate the difference that your organisation makes.
Day Two: Data visualisation and presentation
How to turn a raw set of data into a compelling visual story that communicates your impact.
You will learn to:
- Identify the story in your data: identify correlations, clusters or patterns and turn them into infographics.
- Frame and tailor the story for a specific audience.
- Develop this for different formats, learning about the key considerations for each.
- Spot the quick wins and avoid common mistakes when visualising data.
- Apply best practice in data visualisation, understanding how to present data in the clearest manner.
- Take your data to the next level with the use of dashboards.
- Find and use the best software and online tools.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who is responsible for communicating the impact of their projects, organisations or services. It will be broadly applicable but may be of particular interest to those with social value measurement or research responsibilities.