Infographics work visually - conveying complex information quickly, persuasively and in an engaging way. This infographic design course is great for anyone who is beginning to work with information design and data visualisation or anyone wants to develop their knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of this practice.
Whether you're working on a professional presentation or a personal project, communicating your findings is often faster and more compelling with an infographic. This introductory course offers an overview of the information design process - how to understand the dataset, brainstorm different angles the data or narrative may allow, frame the story in visual form and tailor it to your audience to maximise the impact of your design.
- Key principles of information design
- Narrative and storytelling
- Framing data or narrative for the target audience
- Data visualisation
- Maximising design
- Course Outcomes
By the end of this course you should:
- Understand the creative journey that turns a raw set of data into a compelling infographic
- Have a knowledge of the editorial process associated with information design
- Have gained an insight into the fundamental principles of designing an inspiring and stimulating infographic story and some experience of the practical application of these principles
Who Should Attend
You do not need any previous design experience. You may work with information for policy, business of campaigns or be responsible for commissioning information design work. This course could be of interest to designers who want to establish fundamental knowledge and experience of information design, but they should be aware that this is an introductory-level session.